1923 National Advertising Campaign card.

Submitted by mybulova_admin on August 11, 2012 - 5:22am

1923 National Advertising Campaign Bulova card

Does anyone else have anything like this they would like to share?

William Smith
Posted August 29, 2012 - 6:35pm

The first card posted by Admin sure suggests Bulova had lots of ads available for dealers to use in their campaigns as far back as 1923.  Somewhere, in a box, in a basement of an old store, these things are probably gathering dust and awaiting a trip to the dump.  There's almost nothing in Hawaii that old....almost.  I'm checking on some old family businesses that have been around over here since the 1920's (two so far, and it looks like they may have gone out of business in the 1970's).  On the continental US though, these old stores are not uncommon.  It just takes time and money to hunt them down....and hope to get at their basements :)

FifthAvenueRes…
Posted August 29, 2012 - 7:12pm

"The first card posted by Admin sure suggests Bulova had lots of ads available for dealers to use in their campaigns as far back as 1923"

Agreed Will,

Which is why We can't discredit Jeweler ads for identification purposes, as it appears they were produced and provided for "advertising campaigns" by Bulova themselves.

Bulova wouldn't get it wrong, would they?

mybulova_admin
Posted August 30, 2012 - 2:02am

Thanks gents. I posted this card to also bring back to life a part of Bulova history that may have been lost. For me it's not always just about the watches. Saving and showing any vintage Bulova material, especially from the 20s and 30s is very important to me.

Anything I find or buy I will certainly share with everyone, this way the information will never be lost again..... Hopefully :-)

mybulova_admin
Posted August 30, 2012 - 5:01am

Some interesting old Bulova match box cover heading our way. I will post when they arrive. It shows the diverse marketing Bulova had once upon a time.