1924-1926 Ladies wristwatch

Submitted by pwalkerm on April 20, 2010 - 3:34pm

I inherited a wristwatch that belonged to my grandmother.  I don't have a camera to take a photo of it, unfortunately.  I believe it was made between 1924, when Bulova introduced its first line of ladies wristwatches, and 1926, when my grandmother died.  I would like to know when it was made and hopefully find a catalog description of it from the time it was purchased.  On the inside cover it says American Standard and there is a globe and 14k goldfilled 25 years plus some numbers.  On the movement it says   AAI    Bulova W. Co. 15 jewels.       It has an expandable band.  Any information appreciated.  Contact [email protected]

Stephen Ollman
Posted April 20, 2010 - 5:39pm

Your best bet is to have a look through all the early ads on the myBulova Vintage Ads page to hopefully help you identify your watch. The only other way is to take a photo and add it to this site.

AAI and 25 years usually mean it was made around 1923/1924. 

The Jun 10 1924 is just the Patent date of the Dust Proof Sheild invented by Bulova and doesn't neccessarily indicate the manufacture year of the watch.

Can you borrow a camera from a friend who can help you add the watch and photo to the site. It would be great if we can help you identify your grandmothers watch.

syfre
Posted April 21, 2010 - 2:45pm

Looks like that ?

it's a AAZ caliber from a lady pendant watch