1927 Conqueror

Submitted by jamesdudman on May 23, 2015 - 12:43pm

I resently purchased this watch it has a 10AP 15j movement and I need info can't find any detail on movement.

I am specificly looking for a second hand.

If anyone can help !!!!!

Thanks

James

William Smith
Posted May 23, 2015 - 12:55pm

Hi James   Try sending a private message to member JP, as he has hands, and sometimes these threads move throught the queue so quickly he doen't see hand requests.

jamesdudman
Posted May 24, 2015 - 3:31pm

William

I can't find JP in the member data base which is strange because he is a panel member.

Just a little more help.

Again Thanks

mybulova_admin
Posted May 26, 2015 - 5:10am

The 10AP Conqueror model had the spade style lumed hands, which are very hard to find. You may need to extend your search to other mid 1920s watches that share that style hands.

jamesdudman
Posted May 26, 2015 - 3:55pm

Thanks for the tip.

However there is no info on the 10AP on what  might be iinterchangeable  as far as parts.

Unless the team knows were I might find such a lisi.

James

Reverend Rob
Posted May 26, 2015 - 6:01pm

According to Besfit, the 10AP is a LePhare Ebauche, and does not interchange with other 10''' Bulova movts, in any useful way. The staff, pallet arbor, mainspring, stem, and balance are all different. Now, whether the hands from another movt might fit, I cannot say, you're going to have to measure the hour wheel and cannon pinion post to see what the diameter is for the hands. 

jamesdudman
Posted May 26, 2015 - 8:17pm

Thanks for the help "REV"