1927 lone eagle watch

Submitted by KenCassidy on August 5, 2010 - 10:32pm

I have a 1927 lone eagle watch that appears to be after the 5000 that were sold.

it is in good condition and still works.  how can i find out roughly what it is worth?

ken

mybulova_admin
Posted August 5, 2010 - 11:20pm

Ken, add the watch to this site with all its details and we'll be able to give you a rough estimate based on model and condition.

KenCassidy
Posted August 5, 2010 - 11:44pm

i don't have a camera to pic it but after crossing my eyes for a half of an hour trying to read the serial number i got what i think is 3393964

it is definatley a january 11 1927 patton on it.

it does have the closed nine on the face as well as cathedral hands which makes it a for sure a 1927 lone eagle that was released after the first 5000 were sold. 

it has 14k gold stamped on it but it appears to look silver.  my guess is it must be white gold.  i have seen pics of it many times now that i have been researching it. 

wish i had a camera id throw the pic up.

it was my grandfathers that was handed down to my father and now to me..

kind of cool watch.  before this i never seen anything that looked like it.

mybulova_admin
Posted August 5, 2010 - 11:49pm

In reply to by KenCassidy

Is it the corner-cut model, with the enameled design in the four corners?

Is it working? What is the date symbol and movement serial number? Is it 14K Rolled Gold or just 14K?

What is the movement model 10AN, 10AP...etc.

KenCassidy
Posted August 6, 2010 - 12:29am

cut corner, 14k gold filled serial number 3392964

i dont know how to tell what the movement model is.

Stephen Ollman
Posted August 6, 2010 - 12:39am

Have a look at this page: http://www.mybulova.com/bulova-date-codes, scroll down and you will see examples of where the date code and movement serial number are.

Is the 3392964 number on the inside of the case or movement? The movement movel will be on the centre arm of the movement in a square []..something like [10AN].

Also are the dial numbers large and painted black or are they raised black metal numbers?

KenCassidy
Posted August 6, 2010 - 1:06am

ok so there is a square.

the number 3392964 is the number on the inside of the case.

the numbers are painted on.

also the numbers 313570 are engraved on  the actual watch itself by the gears.

Stephen Ollman
Posted August 6, 2010 - 1:11am

The tiny square by itself will indicate 1927, but there should also be a larger rectangle with 10AN or something similar inside. There will also be a serial number on the movement itself (6 digit).

Either way, if the watch (dial, movement and case) are in descent condition the watch would fetch anywhere between $150 and $300, maybe more if there was a keen buyer looking to have a 1927 Lone Eagle in their collection. Form the sounds of it, it is certainly a later release (late 1927 - post 5000).

Look forward to seeing a photo when you are able added to the site.

KenCassidy
Posted August 6, 2010 - 1:22am

thanks