1929 Chancellor

Submitted by JP on September 27, 2013 - 7:47pm

Can any one tell me what movement this watch uses and what crystal??

JP
Posted October 1, 2013 - 7:51pm

Is the Chancellor that rare?? No one seems to have any answers for me and Stephen only posted the pics from the advert.

DarHin
Posted October 1, 2013 - 8:33pm

John, if you can give me measurements I'll look up the crystal. It appears to be a rectangular military crystal in the ad, is this correct?

Darren

JP
Posted October 1, 2013 - 9:02pm

Yes, I believe so.  Do I have any credit left on our arrangement??  If so, I need a crystal for an LE II as well as the Chanellor.

Do you have any idea what movement the Chancellor might take. It will not take a 10AN so I'm kinda lost on what it might be.

John

DarHin
Posted October 1, 2013 - 9:30pm

No idea on the movement, sorry.

Yes, you still have several crystals left on credit. PM me the measurements of the Chancellor and I'll check the LEII.

JP
Posted October 1, 2013 - 10:45pm

In reply to by DarHin

Measurements on the Chancellor are 23.24mm x 16.81mm. It is straight and flat both length wise and width wise. The advert is posted in search models 29 Chancellor. Posted by Stephen.

mybulova_admin
Posted October 1, 2013 - 10:13pm

John, is the 10AN too big? If so it may need a 9AT. The three main movement sizes around this period for men's watches was either 10, 9 or 13.

Can you post a picture of the inside case?

JP
Posted October 1, 2013 - 10:21pm

Yes, I will post it tomorrow.

The 10AN is to big for this case. I don't have a 9AT but will see what I can do to come up with one. After you see the pics I post and confirm it will be a 9AT I'll go to my mentor and see if he has a movement for it.

Is this a very rare watch or just one we haven't had posted before??

John

FifthAvenueRes…
Posted October 2, 2013 - 9:14am

never seen an actual 'CHANCELLOR'.

don't forget the 8AT or the elusive 8AN, found in the 'BUCKINGHAM' and the 'DICTATOR' of era.

stoddrob
Posted October 19, 2013 - 9:51pm

JP,

does it have a movement holder? Why don't you measure the diameter which should tell you if it's an "8" or a "9" or a "10"?? Rob

JP
Posted October 20, 2013 - 11:23pm

I am now back from my trip and will try to send pics tomorrow or the next day.

John