1967???

Hi, My daughter in law sent me this watch to see if we can find any information on it.  The back of the case has 10k rgb bezel st steel back.  Inside the back of the case it has M7625.  The inside of the watch it self has the markings, jewel, swiss, Bulova watch company, and several other markings I can not make out.  The jewels are present it appears.  The front of the watch has Bulova and Bulova it has movement.  I can't find out for sure if it is a real bulova or the age I found that the M means 1967.  Do not know what model it is.  The watch band I think was replace as it has Speidel USA.  Can anyone help?

Stephen Ollman's picture
Stephen Ollman
Posted April 23, 2010 - 8:38pm

Club 5000Panel Member

If you can see a triangle on the movement then it will be a 1945 watch.

The M7625 inscribed on the inside back case is just the markings of a jeweler that has serviced the watch in the past.

Its also very difficult to identify a watch without its case as Bulova used the same movement (and sometimes dial) in different cases and then gave then a different model name based on the case.

Are you able to post larger photos of the watch and possibly one of the case?

Stephen Ollman's picture
Stephen Ollman
Posted April 23, 2010 - 11:46pm

Club 5000Panel Member

I've updated the listing for you here,

The movement is date stamped 1946 (46). The case is probably not a genuine Bulova case. These watches that indicate on the dial that it has a 'Bulova Movement'  are probably the result of a smaller company or jeweller selling watches thatonly contained the movement at a cheaper price. 

mawmawdowling5
Posted April 24, 2010 - 3:57pm

Ok I want to be sure that I am understanding.  The Movement is the part where the jewels and gears are  and they are Bulova right?  Bear with me as I know nothing about watches.  The case and face of the watch are not Bulova.  The movement is 1946.  Thank You.

Stephen Ollman's picture
Stephen Ollman
Posted April 26, 2010 - 1:03am

Club 5000Panel Member

Correct, the watch movement is the working parts of the watch (jewels , gears, springs etc)

The model of this particular watch movement is a 7AM and is stamped with a '46' indicating that it was manufacutured by Bulova in Switzerland in 1946 (they had a factory there). The casing has no Bulova markings like Bulova watches normally do and the watch face (dial) actually indicates that it has a 'Bulova movement' which Bulova themselves didn't normally do. (Happy to be corrected)