1968 $100 Bulova Stock Certificate issued to Emily B Henshel (nee Bulova)

Submitted by mybulova_admin on November 16, 2016 - 3:13am

1968 $100 Bulova Stock Certificate issued to Emily B Henshel (nee Bulova)

Emily B Henshel was the daughter of Joseph and Bertha Bulova, founder of the Bulova Watch Company and sister to Arde Bulova.

Her husband was Harry Davis. Henshel  and her son (ex President of the company) was Harry B. Hanshel.

Geoff Baker
Posted November 17, 2016 - 5:57am

I love this type of Ephemera. It really does give an insight into the Bulovas past. I've spent some time delving into the history of this family and it's fascinating. Look up the address on that certificate if you want to see the building the Bulova's lived in....VERY swanky address. Thanks for sharing this Stephen.

Geoff Baker
Posted November 18, 2016 - 6:01am

In reply to by mybulova_admin

The building is part of Rockefeller Plaza. Rockefeller Center is across the street. Pretty swanky digs.Arde and his wife Ileana lived at 759 Fifth Ave, the cheapest apartment in the "Pierre" as it's known today, is a two bedroom at 4 million. A five bedroom is currently on offer at 57 million. 

mybulova_admin
Posted November 18, 2016 - 10:06pm

In reply to by Geoff Baker

Sounds like Emily was slumming it then :-)

Pretty impressive residences.

Geoff Baker
Posted November 19, 2016 - 5:53am

In reply to by mybulova_admin

...but the most impressive thing is you getting this certificate! 

Geoff Baker
Posted January 21, 2017 - 6:59am

I just snagged one too - this one is from 1960. Also owned by Emily and signed by her son Harry B Henshel.

mybulova_admin
Posted January 21, 2017 - 7:04pm

In reply to by Geoff Baker

Outstanding! When you have the chance have a close look at the detail in the green fibrous print.

Geoff Baker
Posted January 22, 2017 - 6:42am