1969 Sea King? Whale dial needs correct hands.

Submitted by Strongbow on April 23, 2015 - 10:22am

Hello, my first post here. Anyways, I have this 1969 Bulova that I love. I bought it at a retired watchmaker's garage sale. It was recently serviced and cost me $39, what a deal. It did come with the correct hands, but they were bent. I brought the watch to an active watchmaker of the same vintage who had been a Bulova dealer at one time and who had restored another Bulova for me before. He didn't have the correct hands, but did have some that fit and look OK, but I'm looking for the correct ones. I'll try and attach pictures and will appreciate any help I can get.

On top are the correct hands (image copied from Internet), below is my watch with the wrong hands.

Thanks,

Mark

Walker 1
Posted January 27, 2016 - 9:31pm

Mark,

Your watch looks to be just like mine, but mine was identified as a 1970 golden clipper "C" and has the same hands in your top picture. Im currently looking to have it restored and if its possible during the restoration I come across any or if mine are swapped out I can message you. Im not sure when it might be but I figure if you have the watch you'll probably keep it for a long ime to come. You can check mine out here:  http://www.mybulova.com/watches/1970-golden-clipper-8023       

Good Luck and Please let me know if you happen to find any parts...maybe we could trade or set something up! TY

-Chris