1973 Bulova lady's " woody "

Submitted by el tel on March 18, 2012 - 5:24pm

Just purchased the above watch , it has a 6CL 17 jewel movement , not seen many around. Does it have a proper name . I cannot see the movement listed in the database and will confirm this when I receive the watch.  Thanks       Terry

NOVA
Posted March 18, 2012 - 6:12pm

The "Woody" is an Accutron, so, presumably, if there is a ladies' version, it too would be an Accutron.

DarHin
Posted March 18, 2012 - 6:15pm

Was the 6CL made through to the 70's?

William Smith
Posted March 18, 2012 - 6:26pm

In reply to by DarHin

Two records of 6CL in the unknown DB. one 1972, another 1973.  No record in movement database, just not updated by anyone yet.  The way the movement caliber is entered in search makes a difference.  You get a different set of records for 6CL than 6 CL.  Not case sensitive.  Don't know if we have a "wildcard" search like 6* for anything beginning w/ the number 6.  Good DB management and design has "first degree normal" for each datum, and we have that, to an extent.  Each charactor, including a space, is considered part of the string in the search.  When ever we have more than one stirng in any field, it can present challanges...but the text field and the overall site search by keywords/terms helps with this for the fields which are searched.   blablabla....sorry bout the DB stuff, but it's bloddy hard to retrofit DB design and gets harder as more records are added. 

DarHin
Posted March 18, 2012 - 8:03pm

If anything says '70's it's paneling. Reminds me of my childhood den.

el tel
Posted March 19, 2012 - 7:51am

Thanks for the info , did not think of checking unknowns , the movement does appear to exist. Its amazing that for a relatively new watch there are no paper records for it.

terry