230566085544Ebay listing

Submitted by simpletreasures on January 19, 2011 - 11:16am

OK, is it just me or is this listing bordering on outrageous? Would like someone elses opinion...

simpletreasures
Posted January 19, 2011 - 11:34am

Thank you Bob, for a minute there I thought I was having a STROKE! Yours almost gave me a heart attack :) I realize we all value our collections, some more than others, but it still begs the question "Are these people nuts?" .... Just my opinion..... On another note, is there any part of this forum where one member can offer his watch or collection to other members in hopes of keeping our collections alive and not ending up in the hands of people that just don't have a clue that these are pieces of history and not just BLING???

Bob Bruno
Posted January 19, 2011 - 12:02pm

In reply to by simpletreasures

ST

It's nice to hear someone talk about these beautiful watches as a piece of history. I love to think about the history and the era of these watches. I look at my collection and think of the original owners, and wonder what became of them, how did their lives turn out? My family accuses me of living in the past, but I say so what!! I was young then now I'm old. Young was better :)  I have a little website of my own where I try to show some of the history of the watches if you would care to have a look.

http://bobswatches.webnode.com/

Bob

Wayne Hanley
Posted January 19, 2011 - 11:35am

Bob

He has a very nice piece of bullet proff glass for sale. Also 12 pages of other goodies. I think I'll pass on the Mystery watch though.

Wayne

Bob Bruno
Posted January 19, 2011 - 12:07pm

In reply to by Wayne Hanley

Wayne

This guy should probably think about keeping that bullet proof glass after trying to rip people off like that :)

Bob