Bulova Accutron Railroad - 1980

Submitted by el tel on July 20, 2013 - 1:58am

I have just purchased an Accutron Railroad approved quartz ,( day and date ) , dated P0 . the watch is not working and I note that most of the bracket holding the battery is missing. Can some one post a photo of the rear of this watch to give me an idea of what the battery securing bracket looks like.

The watch is engraved on the back with E J & E and a name. I note that this is the Elgin , Joliet & Eastern railway which operated in the Chicago area before being taken over by a Canadian company.

I cannot post a photo at this stage but would very much appreciate any help. I purchased this watch on ebay in the UK.

Terry

Geoff Baker
Posted July 20, 2013 - 5:56am

I just can't resist pointing out the irony of the ELGIN, Joliet & Eastern Railraod giving BULOVA watches as service recognition awards. This is the very town that gave it's name to the WATCH company!

Sorry Terry - carry on.......

el tel
Posted July 20, 2013 - 7:05am

I had not appreciated the Elgin connection ! did check the data base first , but the latest Railroad was 1976 , will try google , thanks. Now spotted a movement number 245310 and the case number is F645775

terry

FifthAvenueRes…
Posted July 20, 2013 - 10:53am

2453.10?

el tel
Posted July 23, 2013 - 11:02am

FifthAv - yes you are correct there is a . between the 3 and the 1 . Thankyou

terry

el tel
Posted August 3, 2013 - 12:37pm

brilliant , thanks for the link 5th Ave , even has the serial number for the battery bracket.

FifthAvenueRes…
Posted August 4, 2013 - 7:35am

You're Welcome Terry, best of luck with it.