Bulova Snorkel 666 Oceanographer (714) - Bezel spring

Submitted by ncraadk on July 8, 2019 - 6:35pm

Hi,

I have an M9 Bulova 666 Snorkel Oceanographer, which I bought without bezel. I was lucky to find a NOS bezel, but am missing the part which made it click.

It makes me wonder if the bezel was bi/uni-directional and wether it used a spring or a click-ball ?

A part id or photo would be wonderful if possible.

My humble thanks for any input.

kind regards,

Nikolaj

Reverend Rob
Posted July 8, 2019 - 11:57pm

Probably a spring, but I would recommend taking it to a qualified watchmaker. They will be able to identify what type of click system was used (Some had none) and whether a generic type or other brand type can be substitued. As an example, I had a Snorkel that was missing the tension spring and a Rolex one fit perfectly. 

ncraadk
Posted July 9, 2019 - 4:43am

Thank you very much Reverend Rob, and sorry for the double post. I've added photos of the watch and bezel ring below; at a glance, a bezel spring could seem viable - but I will follow your advice and take it to a watchmaker, it needs a bit of service as well, as it's racing mighty fast. But what a splendid watch :)

Thank you, and thank you for this wonderful site!

Kind regards,

Nikolaj

Prairieboy
Posted December 21, 2022 - 2:24pm

In reply to by ncraadk

Hi Nikolaj,

I found this thread because I have the same problem and was searching for a solution. What solution did you find? Where did you get parts?

Thanks,

Pat