Did I break it??? 1965 Beau Brummell

Submitted by Susy on June 16, 2012 - 6:28pm

I can't believe myself sometimes!!!

I was going to take some new pictures of the 1965 Beau Brummell that you all were so wonderful in helping identify for me.  I wanted the hands to be "even" in the photos ~ it was hard to pull the little knob out so I took some tweezers and pulled on it ~ and it popped off!!!!!

I can see that there is a little notch on the end of it ~ when I try to put it back on, it won't stay and it won't turn the hands!!!

Did I break it?  Also, will this decrease the value of the watch when selling it if I choose not to have it repaired?

This is what I get for being so anal about taking pictures!!!

Thank you all once again ~ you are simply the best to take the time to answer my questions!!!

Susy

mybulova_admin
Posted June 16, 2012 - 9:52pm

Suzy, you may not have broken it. Sounds like just the split pin popped out like its suppose to. Getting them back in is a little tricky and best left to a proper watch repairer. I doubt it would cost must to put the crown pin back in place.

Awesome watch BTW. The first full (11) diamond version we've seen.

Susy
Posted June 17, 2012 - 2:38am

Thank you so very much for your help!!!

As I said before ~ you all are so very, very nice and helpful and I truly do appreciate all of the wonderful advice and information that I have received on this forum!!!

Susy

Susy
Posted July 2, 2012 - 8:38pm

An update! 

I found a wonderful jeweler here in the "Old Town" part of Folsom! 

He put the little pin thing back in and didn't even charge me for doing it!!!

Thank you once again for your help!

Susy

William Smith
Posted July 2, 2012 - 9:06pm

Glad it was an easy and cheap fix.  It's a nice watch and a great addition to the watch database.