Late 1920's Bulova Women's Outer Box and Display case. Never seen one intact.

Submitted by plainsmen on April 20, 2016 - 5:51pm

Wow... now this is special.  Check it out gents.  I found this the other day on the bay and paid $20 bucks.

Late 1920's early 1930's  Ladies Bulova Box and Display case intact!  It even has the box insert from the 1920's.  The display box and insert are in pretty much mint condition.  The push button clasp on the display box is functional and perfect.  Too bad it didn't come with the watch, but wow.

I think this may be a first for us.

Reverend Rob
Posted April 21, 2016 - 12:04am

This is fantastic Plains, never seen one like it, and utterly complete. Major score!

Geoff Baker
Posted April 21, 2016 - 5:10am

Nice snag Plains, I don't think I've ever seen that outside box. I wonder which watch came in it.

plainsmen
Posted April 21, 2016 - 8:42am

In reply to by Geoff Baker

I want to say the Miss America, Miss Liberty types with the green or blue stones. I've seen this inner box several times with those watches if I recall correctly. I've never seen this outter box nor the late 1920's early 30's version of the guarentee. I'm betting this is one of a handful (if that) of survivors. 

mybulova_admin
Posted April 24, 2016 - 12:29am

Very nice, I'm glad you grabbed it and are now sharing it with everyone.

We certainly haven't seen one like it before.

I'd say that almost any 'period' Bulova could be placed correctly in this box as its unmarked and as such a generic case that may have been used for a number of models.

Thanks for sharing!

William Smith
Posted April 25, 2016 - 3:50am

I've got the same case w/ same upper silk liner, but my push latch is shot.  Love the outter box and paperwork.  Bought mine without a watch inside too.  My green felt is soiled and worn.  Mine has a slightly different black lower, without the inlay in the shape of the watch it held. Nice set even without the watch!