Princeton Bulova Watch? 1943?

Submitted by SummerShawn on December 14, 2010 - 2:23pm

I received this from a close family friend when she passed away. I am trying to find out more information on this watch. Does anyone know anything about it? I saw one listed on here that looks quite similar called the Princeton from 1943. I have not opened the back (have no idea how), so I do not know any of the markings on it. The back does have a serial number 4382446 on it. Any information would be great, year, name, worth. Thank you!

OldTicker
Posted December 14, 2010 - 3:58pm

Hi Summer,

Yes it looks like the Ladies version of the Princeton, same Lugs, Dial, Dial Color, and Hands.

Maybe Wayne will be along shortly to help you out with the name, he posted one of the mens version on here.

Wayne Hanley
Posted December 14, 2010 - 4:24pm
Shawn, a good place to start is to log the following info as accurately as possible from the stamped markings & symbols on your watch case & movement.
1943 is the year the Princeton was introduced the 1944 model has a numbered dial & very collectable

Manufacture Year: 1943 
Condition: 
Movement Symbol: Look for a symbol such as an X
Movement Model: Look for a boxed 10AK  for the movement caliber
Movement Serial No: None
Case Serial No.: Look on the outside back case for 4382446

Additional Information: 

21 Jewels-On the movement

14k Rose Gold Fill-Look on the outside back case

Case measures 29 X 33 mm lug to lug using calipers

As far as value goes compare your watch condition to finished auctions on say ebay & you can get a good idea on the value. 

Now you have all the info I have on the watch that I know. Wear it in good heath!

Wayne