Rose Gold 1941. Can anyone name it??

Submitted by el-ooose on March 5, 2011 - 9:31am

Pink Gold Filled from 1941. 8AE 17 jewel movement. Hooded lugs. A pretty watch and I think a rare one. Never seen one like this previously.

Good old international have done it again, not square on the dial!

shooter144
Posted March 5, 2011 - 10:38am

Too bad El, thats a nice looking dial , send er back !!! And raise enough hell that they pay the shipping !!!

el-ooose
Posted March 5, 2011 - 11:28am

It's not so much the shipping shooter as the time. At least six weeks. I have had a little moan to them.

shooter144
Posted March 5, 2011 - 2:31pm

6 weeks!!!??????? thats a little longer than I would have thought...may be argue up a move to the front of the line since you already waited to get a bad refinish...

mybulova_admin
Posted March 5, 2011 - 6:22pm

I probably wouldn't blame Internatinal Dial too much for the miss-alignment. Looks like the dial holes were not aligned to begin with. (red lines are all parallel)

Mis-aligned Bulova Dial

WatchCrystals.net
Posted March 5, 2011 - 7:40pm

Philip,

Got a small enough file or drill bit? Or maybe the movement can be rotated, one- two degree/s?? That is another rare one, so a well equipped jeweller might be the ticket???

:-)  Scott

P.S. And another one for Wayne (and my parents) birth year...

el-ooose
Posted March 6, 2011 - 5:23am

No if you just look at the dial out of the watch, the misalignemnt is still there. It's leaningto the left. It's the fourth one in the last batch.

Don't think I could rotate the movement the stem would not align, and certainly wouldn't want to file or drill the movment.

Six weeks because I'm in the UK. Two weeks to get there, two weeks there and two weeks back, not International's fault at all, their turn round is excellent. But from purchase to selling is already around three months.

I know, patience is a virtue a little more won't hurt you.

mybulova_admin
Posted March 6, 2011 - 5:49am

Either the dial isn't sitting square or the center hole and sub-seconds holes are not aligned corretly. (ie the sub second isn't directly below the center.

I gather that when ID redo a dial they position the dial according to the alignment of these 2 holes. Would that be a correct assumption or not?

el-ooose
Posted March 6, 2011 - 12:26pm

In reply to by mybulova_admin

The dial is sitting square on the movement. The center hole and sub seconds hole align exactly. The print on the dial is leaning to the left. i.e the margin in the bottom right hand corner is much less than the margin in the top right hand corner. I can't change the position of the movement in the case. If I bend the dial feet or modify the holes it will move the position of the center seconds hole to the left.

I'm not absolutely sure how ID position for the print. I do know that often when a dial is returned the dial feet are bent out of position. Not so with this one however.

shooter144
Posted March 25, 2011 - 7:40pm

It looks to me like at least some of the offset could be removed with a little adjustment, and the secs  hand would cover a slightly larger hole...maybe

WatchCrystals.net
Posted March 25, 2011 - 8:23pm

Philip,

Just send it/them BACK and get us A CREDIT for the these "mis- aligns+" the LACK OF stain blocker primer on the other three, was it!? AND if they don't "get their act together" (or do credits for time/resale losses?) there are multiple locations for several dialing franchises... And KIRK may cost more... but perhaps we have ALL sent TO MUCH business to International, at this point!? For instance I know I've referred at least (50) people to them, in the past 2.5 years!!! And their pricing is excellent, but apparently the NEW staffers, aren't so hot? or they now need to hire another 1+?? Either way, the dials don't look so hot in general... and that MAKES OR BREAKS the final sale price or pride in ownership, as we all well know! This kind on "quality control issue" NONSENSE... really PISSES ME OFF!! Is this STILL the USA... Or what??? :-(

:-) Scott