WTB hands for a 1950 Academy Award Z model.

Submitted by JP on March 3, 2012 - 4:05pm

only need the hour and minute hands but will buy  the hour, minute and second hands if available. please PM me with details.

JP

Daca102090
Posted March 3, 2012 - 5:47pm

What type of hands do you want, Modern, Dauphine or Arrow? Gold, Silver or Blued?

Also what movement do you have, 7AP?

What length do you think they are?

I have a number of NOS Bulova hands as well as a Jobbers cabinet so should be able to find you what you need if I have more specifics.

FifthAvenueRes…
Posted March 3, 2012 - 7:10pm

The 'Z' appears to take Black Alpha or Diamond (?)

if someone could provide the measurement You Guys can argue over which Hands they are. lol

JP
Posted March 3, 2012 - 8:51pm

They are Blue Alpha Hands and the minute hand is 8.34mm, the hour hand is 6.99mm and I guess I will need the sub second hand as well since the interchangeable 7AK is not an alpha style.

Thanks Mark and Daca, as usual one of the great group of people has come to my aid again.

Daca, if you can supply the hands I need PM me with your price or let me know if there is something I might have in my goodie boxes you need.

JP John

JP
Posted March 3, 2012 - 8:53pm

They might also be Diamond Hands. What do you say Greg?  You have this watch, which is it Alpha or Diamond??

john

JP
Posted March 3, 2012 - 9:16pm

OOPS. Sorry Mark I didn't mean to call you Greg. It has been a harrowing day for me and is going to get even harrier tomorrow.

john er joe er what ever>

JP
Posted March 3, 2012 - 9:29pm

Mark, those measurements are from end to end on the hands and not from the center of the hole. I have the broken piece of the minute hand and put the pieces on scotch tape and measured them. I know there is a way to measure from the edge of the marks on the dial to the center of the hands post but I'm not sure I remember how it is done.

john

FifthAvenueRes…
Posted March 3, 2012 - 9:57pm

Joe,

If there is no Minutes register take a measurement from the outer tip of one Hour marker to the opposing marker at the narrowest point on the Dial.

Try from 9 across to 3 - outer edge to outer edge.

Daca102090
Posted March 3, 2012 - 10:14pm

I will look into my stock tommorrow as I am away from home right now and get back to you.

JP
Posted March 3, 2012 - 10:36pm

15.30mm from outer edge to outer edge  of 3 to 9.

John 

FifthAvenueRes…
Posted March 3, 2012 - 10:46pm

BA 15

7AK is the interchange

anyone (?)

JP
Posted March 3, 2012 - 11:07pm

I used a 7AK sub seconds hand and it works just fine but is blue not black. I don't have any hour or minute 7AK hands except gold in a couple of different styles but no Alpha or Diamond.

Daca102090
Posted March 4, 2012 - 2:14pm

I don't have any of the Alphas or Diamond for the 7AK but I do have a pair of Blue Modern.

The package is marked BM14 for a 7AK, I also just found a pair of BM15 for a 10BC and have a number of second hands labeled Pi2, the plum color is darker than the blued to me.

If any will work for you let me know.

JP
Posted March 4, 2012 - 9:08pm

No, but thanks for going to the trouble for me.

JP