Is there a name for this kind of dial & what years in production..Thanks

Posted March 9, 2012 - 5:36pm

Club 5000Panel Member

Please provide as much detail about the watch as possible. This includes information on the back of the watch and if possible on the inside movement as well.

Posted March 9, 2012 - 6:39pm

The movement is a 218 the case back reads E64771 N1 14k gold filled case

William Smith's picture
William Smith
Posted March 9, 2012 - 6:45pm

Club 5000Panel Member

N1 on case indicates 1971.  That helps us look for ads in database or other example Known or Unknown Watches for discussion in text of threads.  Fun!

Posted March 9, 2012 - 8:35pm

Thanks Will I cant find an add as of yet, I dont know what the style dial is called having trouble with one of my green dial Bulovas too.

Posted April 10, 2012 - 1:14pm

In this 1971 / 1972 ad excerpt, the dial is referred to as "tortoise tone".  I would guess that refers to the style, not just the color, as it has a sort of tortoise shell pattern to it.