I'd like to start this topic by inviting all who read this to post any information they may have about the release of the original 5000 Bulova Lone Eagle watch series in May 1927.
You can read my article "The Bulova Lone Eagle Story" for an insight into my theory about this amazing watch series.
Some points to consider:
- Did Bulova really sell 5000 watches within the 3 days after the Lindbergh landing?
- Where were they sold, America or France?
- What advertising did Bulova use back in 1927 to accomplish such an amazing feat?
- Why did the corner design change?
- Is the design of corner cut model that we see today really an art-deco symbol for an eagle?
I look forward to hearing your comments and thoughts.