1956 Bulova with Cool Lugs Gold Cap Steel Back All Original + Rose Gold Dial

Submitted by agee on February 26, 2013 - 7:29pm

1956 Bulova-not sure of the model or movement #'s. This watch has fancy lugs and is all original and signed-dial, crown, etc. I have not opened it to check the movement numbers. Case back has "Water Tite, Shock Resistant, Anti-Magnetic". Also, A808499 on case back

Watch is running and keeping good time consistent with a watch that is 57 years old. Has some scratches on the crystal which could be polished out. Probably could use a service and cleaning. For trade as is as described. The dial is a rose gold color wit some patina around the numbers.  Also, the watch is very light and fairly thin-looks great on the wrist. Case is in very nice condition.

Measures 40mm lug to lug x 33mm including crown.

I'm looking for a military watch, especially a WWII Bulova -marked on case back- in trade. I am parting with it to add to my military watch collection. Contact me at [email protected]

Reverend Rob
Posted March 6, 2013 - 9:07pm

If the watch hasn't been serviced, I would advise not running it til it is, it doesn't take much to cause damage. Great looking watch, and the dial is what makes it.

plainsmen
Posted March 6, 2013 - 9:18pm

I've a feeling the dial is supposed to be white and just has a bit of patina from the years.