Anyone heard of an "American Eagle" watch 1960?

Submitted by ArtMiss on March 19, 2010 - 1:12pm

Hi - newBee Barb here - have lots of old Bulova stock from my dad's and grand dad's store - one recent find is this watch -& Stylish pentagonal case and hooded lower lug , WGF 10K Stamped on Back is Bulova M0 10K R.G.P. Bezel, Stainless Steel Back E662867

I have put this watch up on eBay and it DOES RUN ! Miraculously! Not a clue as to how long my Daddy had it stored away, just laying in a drawer! At any rate - I did see up for auction, a couple of crystals for this watch, I'm sure - entitled Bulova America Eagle - and was just wondering if it really DOES bear that name.

I've not found any other reference to this watch other than a photo in The Complete Guide to Watches,I will probably be asking more questions, and using your references here a great deal - I will happily post photos of the great watches I find. My Granddad started the business in 1921, and we are genetic Pack Rats!

There are SO MANY great pieces, most non-running, but beautiful none the less.I would put up a link to my eBay page, but I don't want to egregiously Advertise here !Thanks for the great info page !

Stephen Ollman
Posted March 21, 2010 - 6:31am

ArtMiss, the watch you added above certainly looks like an American Eagle so I've updated the listing to list it accordingly.

I look forward to seeing you other Bulova watches and to also help identify them, along with others from this site.

Welcome!