Circa 1925 Bulova Salesman Folder

Submitted by dhhirsch on July 31, 2016 - 1:53pm

I'm sure many of you may have seen the lot on eBay that closed this week that was listed as “C 1925 BULOVA WATCH COMPANY SALESMAN FOLDER LOT OF ADVERTISEMENTS POSTCARDS MORE”.  Here’s a link to the listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/C-1925-BULOVA-WATCH-COMPANY-SALESMAN-FOLDER-LOT…

It’s a small treasure trove of mid 1920’s material used by Bulvoa salesmen in contacting jewelry stores, and has sample advertisements and related material.  I won the lot and want to share the information with the mybulova.com community.   It's been shipped, and I can’t wait to get the lot and examine it in more detail.   Given how so much early Bulova information has been lost, I’m sure it will have stuff that will be of interest, and also provide some insights into how Bulova marketed its watches.  I can scan the documents and post them, or do whatever is best to make it available.

BTW, the seller is a book dealer in Denver. I actually had run across a listing for this material on his website a few months ago, but as I recall, he wanted somewhere in the neighborhood of $185 for the lot, so I didn’t pursue it.  I was surprised to see the eBay listing, and pleased that I was able to win it for what I think is a reasonable price.

David

jabs
Posted July 31, 2016 - 3:37pm

nice finding, congratulations to acquire

Geoff Baker
Posted August 2, 2016 - 5:29am

This is a nice collection David, I think you paid a very fair price. I hope you can get some high resolution scans emailed to admin so that the information can be added to our archive.

mybulova_admin
Posted August 3, 2016 - 6:46am

I'm really looking forward to seeing these in more detail. I will add to the relevant sections when received. Great buy....can't believe I missed it, but really glad it went to a good home and a member happy to share the knowledge.

THANKS!

JimDon5822
Posted March 26, 2024 - 7:33pm

Did we ever get scans of what was found in this lot?