Crown for Bulova Snorkel 666

Submitted by andreas-am on October 10, 2012 - 5:56am

Hi Guys!

I´m from germany and its my first post, please excuse my english. I am not really a watch collector, but i like vintage watches :-). I am a Member of the 2 most popular german watch-communitys, but nobody there can help me.

I have found a really nice Bulova Snorkel, a nice watch in nice condition. But the watch needs a new crown. My watchmaker is looking for one, but cant find one in germany. Its really hard to get parts for Bulova in europe.

I hope someone here can help me to find a new crown! This will be great :-)!

Kind regards from germany

Andreas

FifthAvenueRes…
Posted October 10, 2012 - 8:32am

Andreas,

Bulova parts are standardized.

Crown part #'s are based on the Movement and on occasion the Case type the Movement is in. The movement used in this Snorkel Automatic was the 11ALACD (11AL Automatic, Center seconds, Date) - the Crown part number needed in this Case type is 74W or 386-3. 

I'm not 100% certain which one of the two You need.

Hope this helps.

andreas-am
Posted October 10, 2012 - 10:39am

Hi!

Of course, this help! My watchmaker give me the size of the crown i need for the watch.

But you know where i can buy an original crown for the watch?

Regards
Andreas

andreas-am
Posted October 13, 2012 - 4:43pm

Hi!

Have nobody a idea where i can buy the needet crown?

Thanks guys!
Andreas

bobbee
Posted October 13, 2012 - 4:54pm

Is the watch in the photos your watch? If so, what is wrong with the existing crown?

andreas-am
Posted October 13, 2012 - 5:19pm

Yes, thats my watch!

The crown is not original, but the main problem ist that the crown is loose an my watchmaker cant fix it... :-(.

William Smith
Posted October 13, 2012 - 5:35pm

I purchased 18 Bulova crowns.  Looks like there are some "with gasket" what ever that means. Also looks like they may be oringina Bulova products, or were spicifically to fit Bulova.  I'll let you know if I got lucky and one will fit yours when I get them next week. 

andreas-am
Posted October 13, 2012 - 5:57pm

Hi William!

That sounds great. I will be happy if you write me next week again!

Kind regards
Andreas