GS Crystals CMY-311

Submitted by FifthAvenueRes… on February 16, 2011 - 2:38pm

This is not the correct Crystal for a 1940's Senator.

Yes, it fits but the CMY-311 is a magnifyer (humped) or someone slipped a different piece of plastic into one I just received.

The Senator's original Glass is flush with the Case.

These 'humped' Crystals are just  hideous.

OldTicker
Posted February 17, 2011 - 12:21am

Mark,

Does it look like this?

I think that is why they call them "Fancy Crystals", you need the "P" quality version which is flat, usually start with "MY", can't find it in the catalog right now but will keep looking.

FifthAvenueRes…
Posted February 17, 2011 - 12:34am

Greg,

Yes it does. The glass stands off the bezel in the center like a hump.  If I could get the 'P' quality # that would be great.

OldTicker
Posted February 17, 2011 - 12:45am

I will do some searching for a number, I may have it in a RC or WC glass crystal, just got a new supply in, will get back to you tomorrow evening..

bourg01
Posted February 17, 2011 - 11:14am

Actually, it is correct but it's a GS moulded crystal which is not like original vintage glass.  The Federal MT4-241 is glass but also moulded like the GS CMY311.

The regular glass Perfit MB 240/7  177 is identical to yours, fits flush in the bezel and looks far better than the GS.

I know B&B also makes a regular glass one as well and I think the # is MY2401 177 but I can't seem to find my catalogues at the moment.

FifthAvenueRes…
Posted February 17, 2011 - 3:14pm

Thank You for this information, agree 100% on the look.