Skip to main content

Part reference numbers and help.

Hi. I have a Bulova watch from 1969, I think. It is all stainless steel and
the case back is marked M9, with a serial number of G932594. The
movement is automatic and marked 11 ANACB. The plastic movement ring has
broken into a number of pieces and is beyond repair, also it
could do with a new crystal. I'm not having much success finding
the correct part numbers to find replacements. Can any
assist me please. I have contacted Bulova, but not had a
reply. Many thanks.

Lazarus 1975
Posted August 30, 2016 - 3:38am


Lazarus 1975
Posted August 30, 2016 - 3:39am


1955mercury's picture
Posted September 2, 2016 - 8:25pm

Hi Lazarus. The parts you're needing would be considered parts of the watch case. Bulova put out some A-B-C case parts catalogs listing these part numbers for specific case numbers. There should be a  case number stamped inside the case back on your watch. I don't own enough later model Bulovas to know if there is a certain pattern to these numbers or not. I have a 1976 Bulova and the case number for it is N-158. Maybe they used a letter and number for all the case numbers but I can't say for sure. Next you're going to have to obtain one of these catalogs or find someone who has one in order to find out the part numbers of the parts you need. These catalogs are not very plentiful and I don't have one but maybe someone on this forum does and can help you if you provide them with the case number.

Reverend Rob's picture
Reverend Rob
Panel Member
Posted September 3, 2016 - 6:36am

Knowing what part you need is good, but they stopped making these a long time ago. The case parts are determined by the case reference number, and not all Bulova cases are marked with this number, depending on their age. I've seen case repair kits issued by Bulova that only use the model name. You'd have to find one in its correct packaging to know you had the right part, and to do that you'd need to find someone with an extensive stock of Bulova case parts. It's unlikely that Bulova would have this part, but I always ask anyway. I have never personally seen much in the way of NOS case parts, Bulova may not have even provided these to watchmakers. They were really good in what they supplied for movt parts and you do see a lot of cabinets full of these, but case parts, not so much. Cases were discontinued often as the styles changed, but the movts stayed unchanged longer. There's also a good chance that NOS plastic case rings would be brittle with age, also. 

An excellent substitute would be a precision turned brass ring, and a competent watchmaker should be able to make you one of these, but keep in mind it won't be as cheap as a plastic one, and you're paying for shop time to fabricate the part. 

Lazarus 1975
Posted September 6, 2016 - 9:36am

Thanks for the invaluable help guys. Checked inside case back
and it had 2950 printed in black ink on inside. Presume that
this is the case number as you mention. Just need to find someone
with old parts catalogue with reference numbers for correct crystal
and movement ring. Then the hunt can begin! Chris

Andersok's picture
Panel Member
Posted September 6, 2016 - 4:33pm

Chris, I believe 2950 would be your case reference number. Here are a few of the parts listed for this case:

Should be a Bulova model with a white case, and an 11ANACB movement.

Crystal - 1442

Crown - 42PW (unsigned, I have one available)

Gasket - G731

Movement Ring - MR504

Aside from the crown, I do not have any of these parts. Best of luck tracking the parts down...Ken