Rare 1960S Clock Brass Bulova Watch Co Accutron 214 Spaceview Vintage Swiss Deco

Submitted by beetlejuice on October 30, 2013 - 7:43pm

Hi I was wondering if you can help me out. I was cleaning out my mothers and father attic and I found a brass desk clock. I found a picture of the clock on-line but that is it. I am attaching the link to the web to show you the clock. Just copy and paste it into your browser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsORa6aph6k

It is called a Rare 1960S Clock Brass Bulova Watch Co Accutron 214 Spaceview Vintage Swiss Deco

Can you tell me anything about the clock? Value? How many were made? If it is really rare like the web link says? I searched all over the web and can't find anything about it. I am hoping you might have a Boluva book of all clocks made and can tell me something. It is in its original case with a spare battery which probably doesn't work.

Thanks in advance,

Geoff Baker
Posted October 31, 2013 - 5:47am

Is it possible to get photos of your clock? It's possible we could help you identify it further. Please include the packaging in the photos as well. I have never seen a book or catalog of Bulova clocks but it is possible that the clock was made by Bulova. There is also a chance that it was made by someone other than Bulova but used a 214 Accutron movement. The movement and case are easy to date but the clock body could have been made anytime after the case / movement was produced. In terms of the video, a word of caution. There is no indication of who made the clip, when or why it was made. The word 'rare' and "deco' are often used inappropriately, it's hard to know how may were really made and I don't see any art deco design in the piece at all. I have seen a couple of these over the years. In my opinion this was a Bulova product that wasn't mass marketed or a Bulova promotional piece perhaps for dealers. 

mybulova_admin
Posted October 31, 2013 - 5:56am

I for one love it! Where I do get me one of these!!!

I like how the oversize hands still work perfectly. I too haven't seen too many books or articles dedicated to Bulova Clocks.

Its a gorgeous piece and I want one.

Jim Townsend
Posted October 31, 2013 - 6:10am

Oh and they do not give prices here. It is like anything it is worth what someone is willing to pay!. Nice desk clock.  You can see a spacewiew watch movement powers this clock. I am guessing it was a promo to dealers etc. There is one right now on ebay item no. 151151437935 differnt case but looks like same spaceview movement  hard to see pictures are small and it does not run asking 200.00 over priced  IMO.

Jim Townsend
Posted October 31, 2013 - 6:15am

There are many with differnt cases and one like this one in completed items in Bulova clocks on the bay.