What is a FrankenBully?
The term 'FrankenBully' originated within this sites forums some time ago and was the result members identifying watches that met one the following criteria:
- Bulova case, non-Bulova movement
- Bulova case, non-Bulova dial
- Bulova dial, Bulova movement, non-Bulova case
- Bulova dial, non-Bulova movement, non-Bulova case
- Bulova case from one model, Bulova movement and/or dial from another model *
* Certain exceptions may apply.
In general terms a 'FrankenBully' is a watch comprising of parts that are non-original to a 'known' Bulova model. Watches falling into this category can now be ID'd as such on this site.
It is hoped that users of this site can become accustomed with recognising FrankenBully's.